If I Can't Dance, I Don't Want Your Revolution...

Monday 26 March 2007

If I Can't Dance, I Don't Want Your Revolution...

Slow is the best way to describe the start to my EMU year 5, and I now welcome you to the blog representing my two scheduled years for Honours ... year 5 (2007) and year 6 (2008). Hopefully there will be many interesting times and events for me and EMU throughout this period. At the moment, I think I will be more of an observer of the going-ons of Adelaide University Music Technology, whilst I study privately. I am definitely interested in how the influx of new students integrate into EMU life.

Music Technology: Evolution or Revolution? ... Interesting question that I assume Dr. Mark Carroll will again pose. For those that have answered it or will answer it this year, consider whether Music Technology can make you dance? If David Harris's forum presentation (15 March) was/is revolutionary, I'm not sure I want this revolution ... hmmm.

As to my Honours project, I have some ideas, which I will officially share at a later date. A creative work is required, and I wish to create something that defines how creative a creative work actually can be in this place.

I can be found class crashing each week. David Grice's 3rd year audio arts class and the weekly forum are places where I sometimes exist. Other than these and supervisor meetings, my presence is going to be fairly minimal around the Unit, but I intend on keeping my blog updated and interesting. Please make comments, I will be making comments on people's blogs.

Currently listening to:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home