If I Can't Dance, I Don't Want Your Revolution...

Monday 24 September 2007

Why Digital Radio?

Digital Radio is being rolled out across Australia in 2009. It is a new technology for this country and directly affects a very established media form. It will impact the broadcast and listening of music in our society. My Honours period of two years allows me to observe and speculate on the lead up to the introduction of Digital Radio. I feel that this extended period of time (study) provides for a greater and more meaningful approach to this topic. A study of Digital Radio needs to address a significant range of issues. How my research will eventually be directed is unknown at this point.

The fascinating aspect of Digital Radio in the terrestrial form is the issues that require coverage. These include politics, technology, socio/cultural, economic, global, geo, and creative issues. Convergence especially in the technology also exists in the topic. So, being able to research and address so many different areas is inspiring. Thus, it is far from a one-dimensional topic.

The fear that I have had to committing to this topic is that I have to produce a creative work, and I am not sure that one exists at this stage. Am I straying away from being an artist or will I somehow produce something that will just stun?

Anyway, time will tell how my project will unfold and how it will be directed.

Currently listening to:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home